Oven Baked Bird (topped with Duck Butter)
- 4 chicken breasts (I also think this would be amazing topping a pork chop or pork cutlet)
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup Duck Butter
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 Tb. favorite poultry seasoning (we use St. Charles Grill from Olde Town Spice Shoppe in St. Charles, MO)
- 1 1/2 tsp salt (more or less to taste)
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cups Panko crumbs
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Put the chicken pieces in a large zip lock baggie or other container. Add the buttermilk and the chicken and marinate, tightly covered, for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Set oven to 400F
- In a bowl, combine Panko crumbs, salt, pepper, poultry seasoning and extra virgin olive oil.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with a non-stick coating. Lay out chicken and spread the top of each chicken with Duck Butter. Top each piece with the Panko mixture, pressing the mixture into each piece of chicken. Press any remaining crumbs onto the bare spots of the chicken. Don't waste any!
- Bake the chicken for about 40 minutes, until the topping is browned and the chicken is cooked through. You can run under the broiler at the very end to get a little more color.